translating external files type thing

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 13 18:39:36 EDT 2021

On 4/13/2021 4:53 PM, Avi Gross via Python-list wrote:
> https://translate.google.com/?sl=is&tl=en&op=translate
>
> Or, you could do it the hard way.
>
> Kidding aside, there may be a python module you can hand a file name or
> contents to and have it do much of the job using some API that may tap into
> the above Google resource.

For one chunk of text under 5000 chars, the website is easiest.

> Dan specifically suggested importing googletrans ...

The author reverse engineered the undocumented ticket used by the web
page.  It will work until Google either bans one's IP address or
disables googletrans by changing the protocol.  Since Google's paid
service only charges for chars over 500_000 in a month, Google is likely
better off leaving the protocol alone and only banning users who would
actually pay if signed up.

Terry Jan Reedy