question about basics of creating a PROXY to MONITOR network activity

cseb...@gmail.com cseberino at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 10:52:59 EDT 2021

> Is it even possible to be secure in that way? This is, by definition,
> a MITM, and in order to be useful, it *will* have to decrypt
> everything. So if someone compromises the monitor, they get
> everything.

Chris

I hear all your security concerns and I'm aware of them.  I *really* don't want to have to
fight SSL.  Encryption was the biggest concern and I'd rather not mess with it to do something
useful.

I've never used CloudFlare but if I'm not mistaken, it can be considered a useful "MITM" service?
Do they have to decrypt traffic and increase the attack surface to be useful?

I just want to create a "safe" MITM service so to speak.

cs