Friday Finking: initialising values and implied tuples

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Sun Apr 4 22:06:08 EDT 2021

On 2021-04-05 at 11:47:53 +1200,
dn via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:

> Did you spot how various contributors identified when they prefer one
> method in a specific situation, but reach for another under differing
> circumstances!

What?  Use cases matter?  I'm *shocked*.  :-/

Of all the methodologies I used since those dinosaurs-on-the-treadmill
days (you had *dinosaurs*; we had to evolve fish with legs to relieve us
from having to run on our own treadmills), use cases was the one I
continued to pull out long after that department went away.

If I have a larger project that uses 3D points, I *might* reach for a
named tuple, but if it's smaller and I know that there will only ever be
two points, then px, py, pz, qx, qy, and qz is good enough.