About \033[m

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 07:40:53 EDT 2021

>    Porque quando se usa formatac,ao de cores, o python nao consegue

   centralizar dentro da cadeia de 40 caracteres ?

>    Tive que colocar 54 no parametro pois de alguma forma esta sendo
>    considerado os caracteres de dentro do comando \033[m

Python doesn't know there is anything special about escape sequences (that
they take up no space on the screen). I think you will have better results
if you place the escape sequences in the format specifier:

 print("\033[7;30;43m{:^40}\033[m".format("Programac,ao Python"))

( haven't tried this, but I think it will work as you expect.)

Skip