Issues in starting Python application

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Apr 1 12:39:26 EDT 2021

On 4/1/21 9:08 AM, Mahira Pamnani wrote:
> Sir
> I have been trying hard to install Python on my PC since a long time. The
> application gets installed but, for reasons unknown, it doesn't start.
> It keeps asking to repair, modify or uninstall the application.
> I have tried doing that too, but it still doesn't give any results.
> Please guide me on how to solve this issue.

You're ending up rerunning the installer - this seems to have been
happening to quite a few Windows users recently.  The program you're
launching is doing what it's intended to do - manage the Python
_installation_, but it's not Python itself.

Try launching Python from the start menu - navigate to "Python 3.9" and
start either "Python 3.9 (64-bit)" or "IDLE (Python 3.9 64-bit)"
depending on whether you want the bare interpreter or the IDLE
development environment,

or

 From a command shell type "py"  to activate the Python Launcher.

Also see here: