Use of a variable in parent loop

Stephane Tougard stephane at sdf.org
Sun Sep 27 22:40:58 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-27, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe you need to choose different editors and tools.

In my world, humans don't adapt to tools but human adapt tools to their
needs.

> A guy I worked for many years ago used to write BASIC programs in C by
> using a bizarre set of pre-processor macros.  While it provided his
> employees with plenty of amusement, he could never get the programs to
> work right...

It's normal, he was an ass. When I manage a team, I don't enforce tools
or language, I ask them to work the best way they can to get the things
done. If they want to write C in Perl (as I often do), I'm happy. If
they prefer Ruby (that I never learnt), or Lisp ... as long as it works
and they are able to maintain it, I'm happy as well.

Nothing is more enjoyable than a platform running a variety of languages
and technologies, working all together.

And FYI, I've done this way since 25 years and I count a few good
success in my career. Practically, my way of doing things works is at least
as well as any.