Use of a variable in parent loop

Stephane Tougard stephane at sdf.org
Sun Sep 27 22:47:22 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-27, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> emacs with python-mode has been and likely still is used by some
> experienced python programmers. I have never seen anyone but a rank

Yes, since I discovered that an empty has almost the same effect than a
pass to end a block.

> The 'pass' line does not mark the end of the if block.

Yes, I know, I discovered that yesterday. Reading the documentation, it
should not anyway.

The way Emacs understands it is misleading.

> Python only has a temporary overlap mechnism:

That's the only answer I was expecting instead of all this arguing as if
I said any blasphem because I asked how can we change the behavior of
the language.