Use of a variable in parent loop

Stephane Tougard stephane at sdf.org
Sun Sep 27 03:15:15 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-27, Stefan Ram <ram at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>Is there any other instruction to end a if than pass and ensure Emacs
>>does not break the indentation during a copy paste or an indent-region ?
>
>   We usually do not wish to tie our code to a defective editor.
>   I use vi, and can assure you that there is no such restriction
>   in a real editor.

You do not answer the question. I consider that indentation alone is not
enough to make the end of a block. It's not a question of editor and I
had some issues with vim as well because of that.

pass looks good to me to end a if block, continue is good to end a for
block and return is good to end a def block. If that's NOT good, just
tell me why and give me another solution to end a block who is not the
indentation because an indentation is not good enough for me to end a
block and it may trigger some problem when using different editors or
tools on the code.

>   Objects never are declared, at most names are declared.
>   /First/ learn a language, /then/ suggest changes.

Are all pythonist such pain in the ass or are you an exception ?

I've never suggesting to change the language, I'm asking if there is way
to do things.