ANN: Support for Python, Flask and Django in oso.

Stephanie Glaser stephie at osohq.com
Thu Sep 10 15:28:58 EDT 2020

ANN: Support for Python, Flask and Django in oso.

Hey everyone -

We built an open source policy engine for authorization that's embedded in
your application, called oso <http://osohq.com/>. oso works in any Python
application. We also have flask-oso and django-oso, integrations for using
oso with Flask and Django apps.

You write policies using the oso policy language to determine who can do
what in your application, then you integrate them with a few lines of
Python code using our library.

Roles are a common pattern to reach for when setting up permissions, but
we've found that they're limited and can get clunky, so oso provides a
language (called Polar) that's purpose-built for representing common domain
concepts that can be useful like data ownership, hierarchies,
relationships, etc.

We're continuing to improve oso and add features, so please share any
feedback or questions you have.

*Some useful links:*

Quickstart & Install: https://docs.osohq.com/getting-started/quickstart.html

Python library docs:
https://docs.osohq.com/using/libraries/python/index.html

Django docs: https://docs.osohq.com/using/frameworks/django.html

Flask docs: https://docs.osohq.com/using/frameworks/flask.html

Source code: https://github.com/osohq/oso/tree/main/languages/python/oso

Feel free to join us on Slack for any questions: join-slack.osohq.com