Audacity and pipe_test.py

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Thu Sep 10 03:55:46 EDT 2020

I used the line you supplied but trying it again, I began to solve the
problem through a series of accidents and errors. As it is, apparently the
Pipe_Test.py has some peculiar features.

>The first is that it will not tell you anything about errors, even whether
or not there is one.
>The commands are space-delimited so Text=Hello is not the same as Text =
Hello even if you have the quotes.
>It tolerates no variables. Label=X, if you have X in a loop, will always
have the value of text X and not a changing number.  As a matter of fact,
since Label has to have a numeric value, and seeing X will place the value
of label to be the default of 0.

So, yes, placing the 1 in the line and no spaces, it worked. I was able to
send text to the Label.

One thing I would really appreciate is getting the line as follows to work:
     do_command("SetLabel:Label=T Text=ThisList[T] ")
which it a total violation of what I described previously. (-:

The object is to pull the text out of ThisList and increment by looping on T
to populate the labels.

Unfortunately, road bump may well put the kibosh on my project....
But I can dream, can't I?

FootNote:
If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?