Module exists and cannot be found

Menno Holscher mennoholscher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 06:20:05 EDT 2020

Op 09-09-2020 om 07:35 schreef James Moe via Python-list:
> python 3.6.10
> opensuse tumbleweed
Tumbleweed is a rolling distro, so that is extremely old for Tumbleweed.
I would expect Python 3.8.4 or 3.8.5 to be current there.

If you want to use another version, you would have to run in a virtual
environment. Did you do that?
> linux 5.8.4
<snip>
> Module PyQt5 is most definitely installed.
How did you check? You want to be in the same virtual environment the
program runs in.

 From my installation (openSuse Leap, so there I run Python 3.6):

Python 3.6.10 (default, Jan 16 2020, 09:12:04) [GCC] on linux
 >>> import PyQt5
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt5'

No PyQt5 as I do not have a Qt program in the environment :=)

Vriendelijke groet/Kind regards,

Menno Hölscher