Replacement for pygtk?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 00:20:22 EDT 2020

On 9/4/20 3:24 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> I assume that difference is because pygtk was hand-written and gi is
> built auto-magically using SWIG or something like that?

Essentially, yes.  Although pygobject does not use a tool like swig to
generate static wrappers. Rather it uses the GTK introspection API to
ask gobject's for their methods and attributes, and then marshalls and
calls them at runtime. So you can use pygobject with any GObject-based
binary library, not just GTK+.  Hope that makes sense.