What kind of magic do I need to get python to talk to Excel xlsm file?

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Tue Sep 1 21:43:31 EDT 2020

>> Requires numpy, dateutil, pytz, setuptools, and optionally numexpr, bottleneck, scipy, matplotlib, pytables, lxml, xarray, blosc, snappy, brotlipy, backports.lzma, statsmodels, sqlalchemy, psycopg2, and whatnot.

>It means you need all those things installed before you can install Pandas.

If that is the case, then it is just not worth it.  However, I am seeing it more as a poorly constructed sentence.

How about:

>> Requires numpy, dateutil, pytz, setuptools ,
and optionally:
numexpr, bottleneck, scipy, matplotlib, pytables, lxml, xarray, blosc, snappy, brotlipy, backports.lzma, statsmodels, sqlalchemy, psycopg2, and whatnot.

Does it suggest that the first four are required and the rest are optional?
Even then, it is still ambiguous.

FootNote:
If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

> Here is what I narrowed it down to. What does that paragraph starting with "Requires" mean?

> Pandas: a cross-section and time series data analysis toolkit.
>
> Requires numpy, dateutil, pytz, setuptools, and optionally numexpr, bottleneck, scipy, matplotlib, pytables, lxml, xarray, blosc, snappy, brotlipy, backports.lzma, statsmodels, sqlalchemy, psycopg2, and whatnot.

It means you need all those things installed before you can install Pandas.

ChrisA