Best way to determine user's screensize?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Oct 31 04:40:34 EDT 2020

On 10/30/2020 12:05 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2020-10-30, flaskee via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>
>> What is the best approach to determining the user's available
>> screensize, when they open your python application?

IDLE, based on tkinter based on tcl/tk has a feature to vertically zoom
an editor window to the full usable height, which is vertical pixel -
top and or bottom taskbar pixels.  The only way we found to do that is
to go full screen, get the window size, and revert to previous size.
Not foolproof (or rather, not expert-proof), but a best-known effor.

> All you need to know is how big your application window is. The user's
> available screen size is none of your business.

See above.

--
Terry Jan Reedy