Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Oct 31 11:55:00 EDT 2020

On 10/30/20 1:38 PM, Gian_Xatzak. wrote:
>    When I tried to download  matplotlib, it show me that message in the end:
>

>    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info
>    Check the logs for full command output.
>

>    *I have Windows 10, Python3.8.6(64bit)

TL;DR - don't be in such a hurry to upgrade to 3.9.

I'll bet the full errors would show pip is calling setup on the sdist
version because you've updated to 3.9 and  there's no wheel for 3.9 for
matplotlib yet.  The fallback, compilation, usually fails for Windows
users, although you could attempt to follow the project's instructions
for getting a build environment set up correctly.  When various projects
which have binary wheels release their versions supporting a new Python
release is up to them; this happens every time a new X in the Python 3.X
series is released.

You can check for the presence of binary wheels for your system and
Python version by querying for the package on pypi.org and clicking to
see the downloadable files.

There is a place you can get unofficial builds of many popular packages
early on, but I kind of don't like to recommend people use "unofficial"
builds. With suitable cautions, you can look there if you want (you'd be
looking for names containing 'cp39')

https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#matplotlib