GUI: I am also looking for a nudge into the best (GUI) direction.

flaskee flaskee at protonmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:09:57 EDT 2020

> The Python toolkits that I've looked at feel mostly grid-oriented
> or zone-oriented (you can put the button on the left, or middle,
> or right, etc).

I don't think it is easily possible in a cross-platform environment. But even if your software is one platform only how will you handle DPI change, theme change and other system changes?

You will have to have some kind of layout system.

Thanks Igor.

I'm actually converting a large actionscript set of apps,

that already had Android/iOS, Windows app, Mac app and Browser versions;

and that all shared about 80% of the self-written, layout code.

Works great -- resizes between mobile device sizes automatically,

scales widgets to fit, rotates portrait to landscape,  all of that.

But it had Very poor Linux support.

I want to rebuild for all of these platforms, plus Linux.

Really, MOSTLY, for Linux.

And I really want Python as the new core for most things.

Thanks