GUI (tkinter) popularity and job prospects for

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 18:15:04 EDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 8:39 AM Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was going to look at something like tensorflow perhaps, though I am
> > not sure if machine learning is that easy to pickup or not
>
> Not sure anything difficult and worthwhile, even if it is popular and in
> demand, is something you can just "[easily] pick up."  But good luck to
> you.  If you can find some fun side projects to do with with it while
> gaining experience, I'm sure that will look good on a resume.

True, but not everything worthwhile is difficult. If a competent
programmer, knowing 20 distinct programming languages, needs to learn
a 21st for a project, it should be straight-forward to master it in a
short time (at least to the point of being able to muffle through -
doesn't mean s/he would know all the idioms of course). Learning ML is
certainly a big task, but learning some specific subpart of ML would
be doable, and then you learn another subpart, and another and
another, until you're employable.

ChrisA