Your experience of backtacking during a pip install

Bernard Tyers - Sane UX Design bernard+work at ei8fdb.org
Mon Oct 12 07:28:17 EDT 2020

Hello there,

The pip team is implementing some improvements to pip's output to deal
with situations where, during a `pip install`, it needs to backtrack on
package(s).

To do this we need to make some decisions. We'd appreciate your input
using this very short (1 question!) poll:

https://saneuxdesign.survey.fm/your-experience-of-pip-backtracking

To follow the implementation discussion, see it here:

https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/8975

best wishes,

Bernard

-- Bernard Tyers UX Designer, pip Team User Researcher & Interaction
Designer | Sane UX Design PGP Key: https://keybase.io/ei8fdb

--

Bernard Tyers, User Researcher & Interaction Designer

Sane UX Design | PGP Key: https://keybase.io/ei8fdb

I am currently working with the Python Software Foundation and Reset.tech

I work on User Centred Design, Open Source Software, and user privacy.