[poetry] Entry points not converted to scripts

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Wed Oct 7 02:30:28 EDT 2020

Marco Sulla <Marco.Sulla.Python at gmail.com> writes:

> I do not know poetry, but it seems it uses virtual environments, so I
> suppose it's quite more simple if you run
>
> poetry shell
>
> and install and run all you need.

As I understand it, that would just create a shell within the virtual
environment.  That wouldn't help me.

What I wanted to do was install the package I have written somewhere in
the file system (in my case actually in a NFS mounted directory), so
that it can be used just like any command-line tool in the OS.

As I wrote

  pip3 install --user

is what I needed.

Cheers,