[poetry] Entry points not converted to scripts

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 6 05:25:42 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm using poetry and in my pyproject.toml I have

  [tool.poetry.scripts]
  batchmon = "batch_monitor.main:main"

I build the package with

  poetry build

and then install with

  pip3 install --target=/home/loris/test/lib/python-3.6/site-packages
  --install-option="--install-scripts=/home/loris/test/bin"
  /home/loris/gitlab/batch_monitor/dist/batch_monitor-0.2.0-py3-none-any.whl
  --upgrade

The package is installed OK in the target directory, but the 'bin'
directory remains empty.

Am I wrong in assuming that some sort of command-line script should be
automatically created in 'bin' or am I just doing something wrong?

Either way, how should I proceed?

Cheers,

Loris