ValueError: arrays must all be same length

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Sat Oct 3 11:07:49 EDT 2020

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 13:34:46 +0100, Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got a json response from an API and tried to use pandas to put data into
> a dataframe.
>
> However, I kept getting this ValueError: arrays must all be same length.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> The following is the json text.  Regards, Shao
>
> {
>   "locationId": "1-1004508435",
>   "providerId": "1-101641521",
[huge block removed]
>       "reportType": "Location"
>     }
>   ]
> }
>
> In [ ]:
>

> In [25]:
>

> import pandas as pd
>
> import json
>
> j = json.JSONDecoder().decode(req.text)  ###req.json
>
> df = pd.DataFrame.from_dict(j)

An important programming skill is paring back failing code to
create the smallest example that exhibits the failure.  Often, the
paring process reveals the problem; and if it doesn't, the shorter
code is more likely to attract help.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.