Cannot marshal <class 'decimal.Decimal'> objects

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Fri Nov 27 17:02:53 EST 2020

On 11/27/20 4:05 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>> I am getting this error.
>
> I assume you mean the email subject. It doesn't work in 3.8 either:

Yes I do and that's too bad.

> but that's not surprising to me. The marshal module is more-or-less
> meant to serialize Python byte code. Pickle is more generally used for
> object serialization. Why not use it?

Because the marshaling is happening in the guts of xmlrpc.

I may have solved it anyway.  The code I was running was spitting out that
error but I think it was actually happening in the server that it was
connecting to.  I just added that same code to the server.  Have to wait
until Monday to test.  I will update the list if it fixes it.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.