Environment vars

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Fri Nov 27 15:41:16 EST 2020

On 26/11/2020 05:46, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> I've got a program which accepts an optional env variable listing a single
> or multiple directory for the app to use. I've done a bit of a search and
> see both a comma and semicolon being used/suggested as a path separator.
> Any consensus on which is better?

Further to comments about some users expecting one option, whereas
others may be thinking of another...

Herewith an irreverent article from "ElReg".

NB Do not read "The Register" unless you can cope with sardonic,
British, humor; and especially if you do not believe that "confession is
good for the soul"!

It's always DNS, especially when a sysadmin makes a hash of their semicolons
Remember the days when 'we made it up as we went along'?
Richard Speed Mon 23 Nov 2020 // 08:15 UTC
https://www.theregister.com/2020/11/23/who_me/
--
Regards =dn