Environment vars

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:50:12 EST 2020

On 2020-11-25, Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca> wrote:

> What does DWIN mean?

It's DWIM: "do what I mean". It refers to software (like PHP) that
instead of requiring unambiguous input, it silently (and often
incorrectly) guesses what ambiguous input is supposed to mean using
heuristics known to and understood by only the developer. [I'm giving
PHP developers the benefit of the doubt with the assumption that they
do understand what they do and that that it makes sense to them.]

> Hmmm, using colons? Yet another option :)

That's quite certainly what Unix users are going to expect to use.

--
Grant