ANN: DIPY 1.3.0

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:16:05 EST 2020

Hello all,

We are excited to announce a new release of DIPY: DIPY 1.3 is out!

Please support us by citing DIPY in your papers using the following DOI:
10.3389/fninf.2014.00008  <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24600385>

DIPY 1.3.0 (Wednesday, 3 November 2020)

This release received contributions from 27 developers (the full release
notes are at:
https://dipy.org/documentation/1.3.0./release_notes/release1.3/). Thank you
all for your contributions and feedback!

Please click here <https://dipy.org/documentation/1.3.0./api_changes/> to
check API changes.

Highlights of this release include:

- Gibbs ringing correction 10X faster.

- Spherical harmonics basis definitions updated.

- Added SMT2 metrics from mean signal diffusion kurtosis.

- New interface functions added to the registration module.

- New linear transform added to the registration module.

- New tutorials for DIPY command line interfaces.

- Fixed compatibility issues with different dependencies.

- Tqdm (multiplatform progress bar) dependency added.

- Large documentation update.

- Bundle section highlight from BUAN added in Horizon.

- Closed 134 issues and merged 49 pull requests.

Note:

Have in mind that DIPY does not support Python 2 after version 0.16.0. All
major Python projects have switched to Python 3. It is time that you switch
too.

To upgrade or install <http://dipy.org/release0.10.html> DIPY

Run the following command in your terminal:
<http://dipy.org/release0.10.html>

pip install --upgrade dipy

or

conda install -c conda-forge dipy

This version of DIPY depends on nibabel (3.0.0+).

For visualization you need FURY (0.6.1+).

Questions or suggestions?

For any questions go to https://dipy.org, or send an e-mail to
dipy at python.org <neuroimaging at python.org>

We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at
https://gitter.im/dipy/dipy

On behalf of the DIPY developers,

Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro

https://dipy.org/contributors