Is there a conflict of libraries here?

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Fri Nov 6 10:35:55 EST 2020

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 02:25:25 -0500, Steve <Gronicus at SGA.Ninja> wrote:
> In my program, I have the following lines of code:
>     import random
>     import re
>     import time
>     import datetime

At this point, the name "datetime" points to a module.

>     from datetime import timedelta
>     from time import gmtime, strftime
>     import winsound as ws
>     import sys

[snip]

>       from datetime import datetime

By that, you have reassigned the name "datetime" to point to a
class defined in the datetime module.

[snip]

>     AttributeError: type object 'datetime.datetime' has no attribute
> 'datetime'

Right, because the name "datetime" points to the class datetime in the
module datetime.  The class, unlike the module, has no "datetime"
attribute.

Apologies if you already knew this.  I wasn't sure.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.