Find word by given characters

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Tue Nov 3 18:48:47 EST 2020

On 04/11/2020 12:27, Bischoop wrote:
> On 2020-11-03, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This seems strangely backwards for a Scrabble game. Normally you would
>> have a set of available tiles, and you have to form a word using only
>> those tiles, but it doesn't necessarily have to use them all. You seem
>> to have something where you must use all the tiles you have, and may
>> use any number of others. But, no matter; it can be done either way.
>>

> I know, it's useless I just came to idea to do something when was
> learning, now I remembered long time ago I've done it somehow with list
> and len() probably, this time I came to idea to rewrite using count. But
> it seems I'm crap and takes me hell a lot of time to get on it.

Don't beat yourself up about it. As you have already noted, it is
difficult for an 'apprentice' to know things (s)he has yet to learn -
and that was related to Python-language features. On top of that, it is
another difficult and quite different skill to write a specification
which is accurate, complete, and meaningful to coders...

Do I recall that you are 'coming back' to Python, and as an hobbyist?
Rather than setting your own specs, why not work from those set by
others? If you want to learn the Python language, and especially if you
also mean 'programming' as an art?science, why not add some structure
and follow a text-book or an on-line course?

For example, Dr Chuck's (famous and long-standing) courses and other
U.Mich offerings are available from
https://www.coursera.org/search?query=python& (624 'hits'!). You will
find similar (perhaps I notice a DataScience/ML bias?) on edx.org
(https://www.edx.org/search?q=python&tab=course)

Your thoughts?

Disclaimer: I train from the edX platform - but not in Python.
--
Regards =dn