Solaris 11 GUI framework

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:38:36 EST 2020

On 2020-11-02, Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 3:57 PM Jay Braun <jaybraun2.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looking for a GUI framework supported on Solaris 11.
>
> Wxpython, pygtk, Java.

I wouldn't start a new project with pygtk. It's obsolete (Python2
only) and is no longer supported/available on some platforms. It's
been replace by PyGObject

  https://pygobject.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Porting from PyGtk to PyGObject is pretty straight-forward, but
PyGObject is definitely less "Pythonic". While PyGtk was a
hand-crafted set of python bindings for GTK2, PyGObject is sort-of
automated based on the standard introspection features of GObject
libraries. I've heard this requires a lot less maintenance than the
old PyGTK bindings.

--
Grant