Best way to determine user's screensize?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:28:22 EST 2020

On 2020-11-01, songbird <songbird at anthive.com> wrote:

> to keep a program simple i made it to open in the center.

That's not simple: it actually takes _extra_ work to do that.

> if i ever get back to it i'll have to figure out how to ask
> the windowing system what it wants to do for placement

I've never heard of doing that before. I've written lots of desktop
GUI apps in the past 30 years, and I've never written one line of code
dealing with the location of the top-level window. I just let the
toolkit and window manager handle it.