why no camelCase in PEP 8?

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Thu May 28 16:18:54 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-19 05:59:30 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
> PEP 8 is a style guide for the Python standard library. It is the
> rules you must comply with if you are submitting a patch *to Python
> itself*. Nobody ever requires you to comply with it for any other
> code.

That's obviously not true: Many companies and projects have a coding
standard. Many of those coding standards will be based on or even
identical to PEP 8. And as an employee or contributor you may be
required to comply with it. Now you might argue that in this case you
aren't required to comply with PEP 8, but with the coding standard of
your company, but I would consider that excessive nitpickery.

        hp