Ram memory not freed after executing python script on ubuntu system

Rahul Gupta rahulgupta100689 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 01:49:53 EDT 2020

I am having a Ubuntu system which has 125 Gb of RAM. I executed few python scripts on that system. Those scripts uses numpy arrays and pandas. Now execution was over but still 50 gb of RAM and 2 Gb cache and 8.4 Gb of swap is occupied. At this moment nothing is running on the system. I have googled it. Most of th result shows that python garbage collector is poor in performance. I want this memory to be cleaned and re claim. One of the easiest way is to restart the system but i dont want to restart i want a way to do this when the system is up and running. Kindly tell me how to do this. Thanks