Strings: double versus single quotes

Manfred Lotz ml_news at posteo.de
Fri May 22 15:57:23 EDT 2020

On Tue, 19 May 2020 13:36:54 -0500
Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> On 2020-05-19 20:10, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > I am asking myself if I should preferably use single or double
> > quotes for strings?
>
> I'd say your consistency matters more than which one you choose.

First, thanks to all for your opinions and judgements.

I agree to the following:

1. Consistency is important.
2. Single quotes are less noisy.
3. Triple double quotes are to be preferred over triple single quotes.

I also believe that transferring habits from C, Rust or whatever to
Python doesn't make much sense as Python does not distinguish between a
character and string from a type perspective.

Of course, this is my subjective result, and others (may) have
different opinions.

--
Manfred