Missing python curses functions?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 19 15:53:09 EDT 2020

During my Covid19 lock-down I thought I'd spend my time translating
the "Linux Curses Programming HOWTO" document into Pythonic curses.

One of the functions discussed that does not appear to have
a Python equivalent is attr_get() which gets the current
attributes.

There are functions aplenty for setting/unsetting attributes
but not for querying them. Or am I missing something....?

I understand why we don't implement the print family of
functions - we can use string formatting combined with
addstr(). But I can't see equivalent python functionality
in the attr_get() case?

Is anyone other than me still even using Python curses? :-)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site