Installation problem

Mats Wichmann mats at python.org
Mon May 11 13:33:05 EDT 2020

On 5/10/20 3:31 PM, Solomon Onuche Faruna wrote:
> I install python 3.8 and pycharm community edition on window 8 but when I
> try to install matplotlib in pycharm I discovered I got  "error loading
> package list pypi.python.org" so I updated the pycharm to version 2020.1.
> The packages loaded but when I try to install matplotlib I was told "No
> matching distribution found for matplotlib". I am confused right now. I
> need urgent help. Thanks

The message normally means either the architecture or the python version
is not available in a package uploaded to pypi. It doesn't sound like
the version is the problem at least - you're trying 3.8 and matplotlib
now has 3.8 packages.

pypi access, meanwhile, may have some problems if you're having to go
through a proxy for your network connection - it doesn't use the one set
up for your web browser.

https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/user_guide/

Just a couple of things to think about...

The advice you've already received to get a unified environment through
Anaconda is a good one.  It was created largely for that reason -
getting numpy, scipy, matplotlib, etc. all installed can be a daunting
task if you're new to the Python package world.