How to test?

Fri May 1 16:34:00 EDT 2020

>> Given your replies, 'now' might be a good time to take a look at
>> Pytest, and see how you could use it to help build better code - by
>> building tested units/functions which are assembled into ever-larger
>> tested-units... (there is a range of choice/other testing aids if
>> Pytest doesn't take your fancy)
>
> I have to admit I chose unittest. Simply because it is in the standard
> lbrary. As so many people seem to prefer pytest I should take a look at
> it.

Not at all! This is a personal bias - I happen to have been using Pytest.

Your objective is learning to program in Python. 'Chopping and changing'
between ancillary tools would be a distraction and time-sink. If you
have already started learning unittest, keep going.

We all have to start 'somewhere'! At the learning stage, any one of
these tools will help you with testing, and testing should improve your
overall programming skills. Once your expertise, in both Python and the
testing tool, matures; you will be better placed to survey the
opportunities and to choose the best alternative for you and your
applications...
--
Regards =dn