how to specify trusted hosts in windows config file

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:13:59 EDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 3:31 AM <dcwhatthe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have control over this, Chris.  This is at my office.  I'm not the resource who manages network or other settings.  And we have various anti-spyware in place, that at leasts mitigates the risk.

Then talk to the person who does. Ask if s/he is okay with you
downloading untrusted code from the internet and running it with your
full permissions. Then ask if it would be better to be able to trust
that code's origin.

> What I'm doing isn't unprecedented.  People get false positives all the time on the web, and ask for this type of assistance.  Maybe my results were real evidence of something funky, but either way I have to get work done.

Yes, you have to get work done, so you ran random code from the
internet, downloaded on an unsecured connection, when the evidence
clearly showed that you were NOT getting it from the official source.

> Thanks for trying to help, anyway.  I'll do a compare of the refreshed PIP files on the office PC, to a copy of pip elsewhere that I know is legit.

Good luck. Chances are you won't know you've been hit with any spyware
or anything, so you'll feel confident.

ChrisA