how to specify trusted hosts in windows config file

dcwhatthe at gmail.com dcwhatthe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:25:32 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm able to get past the

CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

error with various packages by specifying trusted host on the command line.

But I can't seem to upgrade pip itself.  I keep getting the message

"You are using pip version 19.2.3, however 20.0.2 is available."

But none of the commands on the web seem to be able to upgrade pip, without getting either the CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED error, or the above message.

There are mentions of a pip.ini file that can be edited bypass the Certificate errors.  But I've done a global search on my hard drive, and cannot locate this pip.ini.

Is there some way of simply downloading the latest pip version, and extracting into the python\scripts folder?