Confusing textwrap parameters, and request for RE help

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:30:35 EDT 2020

On 2020-03-26, Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> wrote:

>> [...] nobody in their right mind would actually
>> want to generate real output that way.
>
> Back in the day it was FREQUENTLY done, in part to show off, anyone
> could type with a typewriter and get jagged right margins, but with a
> computer you could get justified margins with uneven internal spacing!!
> Status!

It would have been better phrased "nobody _should_ actually want to".

Sure, it was fun _producing_ output like that. But for anybody who had
to read it, the novelty wore off pretty quickly. After few lines it
was just annoying.  Most of us don't need any help making our writing
even more annoying.

--
Grant