Reduce waiting queue at supermarket from Corona with Python-Webapp

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:57:31 EDT 2020

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 6:25 AM Orges Leka <orges.leka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Python developers,
>
> I am a data scientist and use Python regularly. I have a question:
> How difficult is it to write a Python web-app, with the following basic
> functionality:
>
> The user writes anonymously without registration where (City, supermarket),
> when (Date and Time) he plans to go to the supermarket.
> If this is done by a lot of users, the first user gets to see the number of
> other buyers at this supermarket and can better plan when to go shopping.
> This would reduce the waiting queue at the supermarket and possibly the
> contact to other people thus would help a little bit in slowing down the
> spread of the Corona virus.
> One could also add openstreetmap functionality to this.

It'd be pretty easy to write the app. The hard part would be getting
enough people to use it, since the app can only see how many other
people are also using the app. Since you need it to work with any
specified date/time, it can't simply look at current traffic (even if
that information were available), which means you're basically limited
to information shared by other users.

ChrisA