reactive programming use case

Raf B sonicsoul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:30:35 EDT 2020

hi,

i am thinking about using RxPy to solve the following problem, and not yet sure if its the right tool for the job.

I am working on a calculation engine, that takes a dataset (or multiple sets) and calculates new columns.

so in pandas terms, it starts as DataFrame, and then i run it through a set of calcs. which all add new columns to the frame, and in the end i use those columns to check my dataset for things such as minimum % of colA / ColX etc..

i was thinking about using reactive programming to:

* decouple the dataset from running all the calculations
* maybe help in making it more of a observable graph
* combine datasets

but maybe there is a better pattern?