Python download for windows

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Mar 9 15:06:01 EDT 2020

On 3/9/2020 6:16 AM, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> Python isn't an ordinary program as understood by (most) Windows users.
> It needs a command-prompt in which to run interactively.

Or, one can click the lower left Windows Start icon, find and click
'Python 3.8' (for instance) under 'P', and select either 'IDLE (Python
3.8)', which I recommend for beginners*, or 'Python 3.8'.  Still, one
should eventually learn to use Command-Prompt, but some schools do not
teach it and one can work for years without it.

* On the IDLE menu, select Help and IDLE Help for the doc.

--
Terry Jan Reedy