How to POST html data to be handled by a route endpoint

Sat Mar 7 11:33:48 EST 2020

On 7/03/20 2:33 AM, îØî-îºî¿ïé îÆî ïüî³î¿ïé wrote:
> First i must say i use Bottle, but the same may also be the case in Flask
too. I ask here and not in sub Bottle because there are only a few people there and i receive no responses.

> Actualy since i started here let me say what i have found.
>
> Iam just trying to post html form data to the following endpoint.
>
> @app.route( '/mailform', method=['POST'] )
> IF i try to post the html form data using the the endpoint url way, i get
"Method NOT Allowed" error:

> <form method="POST" action="/mailform">
>

> WHILE if i try the following way, i receive no error.
>
> <form method="POST" action="%s"> ...html...  </form>''' % app.get_url(
'/mailform )

> Can someone explain why?!

Please post the full error message and traceback.

To clarify: is the error coming from Python or from the web server?

--
Regards =dn