Data structures and Algorithms

Tue Jun 30 09:18:48 EDT 2020

On 6/30/20 8:26 AM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 30Jun2020 10:52, satyaprasad <satyaprasad at mail.g> wrote:
>> Hi, I am currently in learning process of python have been worked on
>> some desktop application using pyqt . I want improve my DSA area but i
>> searched so many videos mot sure how to start . 1.Do i really need learn
>> datastructures in c or c++ to get complete logical details. 2 .or shall
>> i start learn using python itself then where to start . Can some one
>> give me a road map for DSA with python.
> In my opinion you are better off using Python. In C and (less so) in C++
> there is a lot of cruft around managing memory and allocating sizes, not
> to mention additional verbiage. In Python you are far freer to
> concentrate on the data structures and algorithms themselves.
>
> Maybe start here:
>
>     https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=python%20data%20structures%20and%20algorithms%20tutorials
>
> Cheers,
> Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>

I would disagree a bit here, a lot depends on WHY and WHAT you want to
learn about Data Structures and Algorithms. A lot of learning Data
Structures is learning to understand the actual typical structure of the
Data Structure, and seeing the explicit pointers can be helpful here.

Python may be better for the Algorithms side, where hiding some of the
gritty detail can be more useful, though that hiding might obscure some
details if you want to think about what is the complexity of an operation.

--
Richard Damon