Application Distribution using Embeddable Zip on Windows

Palash Bauri palashbauri1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:59:03 EDT 2020

I am developing a parser with PLY and was hoping to distribute it to users.
Ofcourse there're plenty of Ways to build a executable of an Python script
such as PyInstaller , Py2Exe and some others, but they have their problems
, one of them which is their output distribution size is huge, a simple
"hello world" program would even cost user 30 to 50+ megabytes of storage.
Distributing on Linux is not that much of hassle with snap packages or even
Appimages. But on windows it's a mess.

But Python Embeddable Zip seems promising to me, it's very lightweight.

But the thing is I couldn't figure out how to build a "launcher" (As
mentioned here -> https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html) for my
application?

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

~Palash Bauri