Fwd: python 3.8.3 fails

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Jun 13 10:41:22 EDT 2020

On 6/11/20 8:58 AM, Avraham Markov wrote:
> Please suggest something to fix

For reasons which someone wiser in the ways of Powershell will have to
describe, you have to run some programs programs with a more qualified
name.  That is, try running:

python.exe

Alternatives:  the Python launcher doesn't have this limitation. Try
running:

py

If you used the python.org installer, the Python Launcher is recommended
anyway.

The Python install from the Microsoft Store also doesn't have that
limitation, if you install that you should be able to run by typing just

python

There's probably some simple setup to make it work as we might
expect/wish in Powershell... but the point is: there's nothing *wrong*
with your setup.