Convert and analyze image data in a spreadsheet.

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Thu Jun 11 09:44:25 EDT 2020

Looking for a little advise.
I have 6x6 color (CIELAB <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIELAB_color_space>)
data in a spreadsheet (color samples of clothing). I would like to
visualize this as an image on a per channel (l,a,b) and as a color image. I
can read the data from the spreadsheet. I am not sure the path a should
choose from there. I think the path is to read this data into a numpy array
and use scikit-image.

Questions:
1. I am not sure how to get the 3 color measurements into a color image
pixel.
2. I only kinda understand color spaces, this data is in CIELAB, do I want
to keep it in that color format? I think yes.
3. How can I visualize this data as a 6x6 color image and visualize each
color on a gray scale.
4. General hints or link of how to proceed would be helpful.

Thanks
Vincent Davis