Binary Sort on Python List __xor__

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 05:59:38 EDT 2020

On 31/05/2020 18:01, Evan Schalton wrote:
> I think you're arguing both sides of the argument -- numpy arrays do
> have a lot of similar, related operations (because numpy uses them
> internally -- since they're more efficient) which means they're not
> fringe.
>
> I'm advocating that the built-in list class add the efficient,
> convenience methods -- especially since it wouldn't be overriding
> other methods, it would be leveraging standard methods that are
> currently unimplemented

Those methods make perfect sense in the bit-twiddling lists that you are
using.  They make no sense whatsoever for lists like ["The", "quick",
"brown", "fox"].  There's a decent purpose for a class implementing the
features you want, but I honestly don't think the generic list class is it.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd