why is requests 2.24 behaving differently on different Win10Pro PCs?

nhpython jkexcel at comcast.net
Wed Jul 29 17:18:56 EDT 2020

python 3.6+
requests 2.24
2- windows 10 Pro version 2004, build 19041.388
1- kubuntu 18.04
1-suse leap 15.2

Questions
1. how do I begin to diagnose the source of the problem?
2. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

I have 4 PCs running the same code. On 3 they work, but 1 fails.

I have 2 win10Pros running the same code on the same network on the same subnet, which uses "requests.get()" 1 PC works fine; the code executes perfectly, but the other FAILS. (statusCode = 200, but the website doesn't send webpage)

The error response from the website:

We've detected unusual activity from your computer network
To continue, please click the box below to let us know you're not a robot.
Why did this happen?
Please make sure your browser supports JavaScript and cookies and that you are not blocking them from loading. For more information you can review our Terms of Service and Cookie Policy.

BTW, I tried reverting back to "urllib.request" and the same problem appears. 1 PC works the other fails.
I even tried "HTMLsession" which renders javascript. Same problem.