How to diagnose import error when importing from .so file?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Jul 29 09:34:42 EDT 2020

I have some Python Gtk 2 code I'm trying to convert to Python
pygobject GTK 3.

However I'm stuck on an import statement that fails:-

    import pyscand

The error message is:-

    File "/usr/libexec/okimfputl.new/guicom.py", line 66, in <module>
        import pyscand
    ImportError: /usr/libexec/okimfpdrv/pyscand.so: undefined symbol: _Py_ZeroStruct

pyscand is a .so file so I fear I may be a bit stuffed unless I can
find the source code for it.  However any other ideas would be most
welcome.

In fact looking for this error it seems that is is a Python version
mismatch error and I need to recompile pyscand.so against Python 3. Is
there no way to sort of convert it to Python 3 without having the
source?

--
Chris Green
·