Local access to a file, How To ?

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Tue Jul 28 16:56:04 EDT 2020

I have a python program that reads and writes to files that are all within
the folder that contains the python program.  There is now a second python
program that is to be run to compile information in said files.

I am having difficulty trying to call the local supporting program from
within the main program.  I would it would found easily because everything
is all in the same folder.  Apparently, I have to decipher paths to do the
task.

One problem is that the project is portable on a thumb drive and the path
can change based on the computer on which the program is executed.  I look
up use of path and I seem to get all absolute path instruction and not
relative.

Where an I steering wrongly here.

Steve

Footnote:

In 10 years, are these going to be the "good old times" that we are living
right now?